Dates: Saturday, August 12 – Friday, August 18, 2017
Manchester Music Festival is proud to announce our 3rd Annual Vocal workshop, a six-day intensive vocal workshop from August 12 – 18th, 2017 (with arrival August 11th) in the beautiful and serene town of Stratton Mountain, Vermont. The vocal retreat offers extraordinary opera training through daily vocal lessons and coachings with our world-class faculty focusing on competition psychology, performance anxiety, audition strategies, stage deportment, dramatic interpretation and vocal stability.
The program will also provide its participants with the opportunity to perform in masterclasses with guest artists from the world’s operatic stages; the program will culminate in a public performance of arias and opera ensembles.
- Miloš Repicky – Pianist, Metropolitan Opera Vocal Coach; Faculty member, Curtis Institute of Music; Artistic Director, Music for Montauk
- Anya Matanovič – Soprano, acclaimed operatic and concert soloist, Boston Lyric Opera, New York City Opera, many other venues
- Gerard Schneider – Tenor, veteran of Sydney Opera House, Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center
- Tuition: $600 for 6-day residency (including tuition, room, some meals, all coachings, performance)
- No additional financial assistance is possible.
- $40 application fee
- There is no upper age limit, although singers must be at least 21 to apply.